Thursday, January 31, 2008

Watching my life before me....






I couldn't help but to cry at the least the first time I saw this video.
I'm not usually one for skits, actually, when kids in my homeschool group did skits I wanted to gag.
But this one touched me on a such a deep level. I felt the Lord truly grab onto my heart and reasure me that it belonged to Him. It was like watching every aspect and phase of my life being performed before me, it was scary. Not only did I see that, but I felt like I was also watching those phases of my life from Jesus' perspective - and what He was going through at the same times. Trying to get my attention when I wondered, trying to win me back, fighting to get me back, battling what I could no longer handle when my strength was completely drained.. still He was there fighting for me.
One part of this skit and particularly catches my attention is the scene in which Jesus jumps in front of all the temptations and holds them back so she can breathe, so she is free. She doesn't notice behind her the suffering Jesus has taken on so she can be set free and live and be happy. In a point of the skit in which people are cheering I am heartbroken. How often do we forget to look behind us? In other words - How often do we forget the suffering Jesus has taken upon Himself at the expense of our freedom? So we can laugh, live, eat and be merry, yet we don't remember sometimes what He's done so we may embrace this freedom. It weighed on my heart.

2 comments:

Nick Warnes said...

Can't wait to keep up!!!

Rene said...

Welcome to the blogspot world!