Friday, March 14, 2008

The Journey

My story begins like this...

Sunday morning and I'm in no mood to be talked to at 8am. Those who work with me are well aware.
I had previously blogged on a certain skit based upon Lifehouse's Everything song. A skit which deeply touched me due to the fact of it being a frightening replicate of my life.
This Sunday I was speaking to the youth group and so I shared this skit, which brought forth a lot of beautiful discussion. To my junior high kids it particularly sparked an interest to rehearse and perform the skit ourselves for our main church service. "Great! exactly my idea too!" I thought. So, of course I took the idea, decided to direct it along side one other specific junior higher who had been deeply touched by it, and off we set to start rehearsal's.
Little to my knowledge this process would become a great journey of spiritual strength and faith.
Shortly after we began rehearsal's some of my main leaders in this skit and I decided there is something so much deeper to explore in the theology of this skit. The rehearsal's slowly began to turn into a bible study preceeding rehearsal. A study of the nature of each character portraid, a study of what this means in our life, a study of our own lives and how Christ is apart of it. A study that dug deep and affective to this group of of us kids (and myself) who [dared] explore it.
To say the least, I don't think Satan wanted the power of the meaning of this skit to be released and explored among us and it has shown in the battles that have arose in this process. There seems to have been this darkness that now hovers above our little group now and is slowly trying to tear down and destroy our spirits. Ironically to the depictions of the skit, it's been a bloody fight and a powerful journey. I'm amazed at the things the Lord is doing and am now very curious and a little scared to see where this is taking us if satan is so determined to stop it.
There is an undeniable realm; a heavenly one and a dark one and both I feel have declared war right above my head.
If ever you feel the need, prayer is greatly appreciated.

No comments: